Adding music to a videos can greatly enhance the overall experience and create a more engaging and entertaining content.
If you own an iPhone, you’re in luck because it offers a simple and convenient way to add music to your videos directly from the Camera app.
In this content, we will guide you through the steps to add music to a video on your iPhone, allowing you to unleash your creativity and make your videos more captivating.
How To Add Music To a Video On iPhone
Start by preparing the track you want to use in the app of your choice. Whether you prefer Tidal, Apple Music, or Spotify, open the respective app and select the song you want to add to your video.
Ensure that the track is ready to play and that you’ve adjusted the volume to your desired level.
- Step 1: Open the Camera App
Open the Camera app. It’s important to note that you should stay in the standard Photo mode, which is typically the default mode when you open the app.
- Step 2: Cue the Music
Before you begin recording your video, you need to cue the music.
Swipe down from the top right corner of your phone to access the Control Center.
Then, tap the Play icon on the playback widget in the top right to start playing the desired music.
- Step 3: Start Recording
Tap and hold the shutter button in the Camera app to start recording your video. By doing so, your chosen music will play in the background while you capture your footage.
If you’re planning to record for an extended period and want to give your thumb a rest, you can slide the shutter button (red recording icon) to the right, where the padlock icon is located.
This allows the recording to continue without continuously pressing the button.
- Step 4: Stop Recording
When you’re finished recording, release the shutter button to stop the recording. If you’ve slid the shutter button to the right, tap the stop button in the bottom center of the screen to end the recording.
- Step 5: Watch the Video
Once you’ve finished recording, you can watch your video back from the Photos app, just like any other video you’ve captured.
However, it’s important to note that the audio quality may not sound professional since it was recorded simultaneously with the video.
Adjusting the volume levels during recording or using a high-quality external microphone can help improve the audio quality.
Also Read: How to turn on microphone on iphone
How to add music to a video on iPhone without copyright
Adding music to a video on your iPhone without copyright issues can be achieved by using royalty-free or Creative Commons-licensed music.
- Find royalty-free music: Search for websites that offer royalty-free music or Creative Commons-licensed music. Like SoundCloud, YouTube Audio Library, and Free Music Archive. Make sure to read the licensing terms for each track to ensure it’s suitable for your video.
- Download the music: Once you’ve found a suitable track, download it to your iPhone. Some websites provide direct download links, while others might require you to create an account or provide attribution.
- Prepare your video: If you haven’t already, import your video into the Photos app on your iPhone. You can either shoot a new video or use an existing one.
- Use iMovie: iMovie is a built-in video editing app on iPhones that allows you to add music tracks to your videos. Open the iMovie and then click on Create a new project.
- Import your video: Tap on the “+” button to import the video you want to edit from your Photos library into iMovie.
- Import the music: Tap on the “+” button again, but this time select “Audio” and choose the downloaded royalty-free music from your iPhone.
- Adjust the music: Once the music is added to your project, you can drag it to the timeline and adjust its length by trimming or splitting it to fit your video’s duration.
- Fine-tune the audio: You can also adjust the volume levels of the music and the original video’s audio to create a balanced mix. iMovie provides tools to control audio levels and fade effects.
- Preview and export: Play the video within iMovie to preview the final result. If you’re satisfied, tap on the share/export icon and choose the desired video quality and format. iMovie will export the video with the added music to your Photos library.
Adding music to your videos on the iPhone is a straightforward process that can significantly enhance the overall impact of your content.
By following the steps outlined above, you can easily sync music with your video recordings and create more engaging and entertaining videos.
Remember to experiment with different music choices and ensure the audio quality meets your expectations.
With a little creativity and practice, you’ll be able to produce captivating videos that resonate with your audience.
FAQ: How to Add Music to a Video on iPhone
- 1. How can I add music to a video on my iPhone?
To add music to a video on your iPhone, you can use various apps and methods. Some popular options include using iMovie, TikTok, or third-party video editing apps available on the App Store. The process generally involves importing the video, selecting a music track from your library, and adjusting the audio settings as needed.
- 2. Can I add music to a video on iPhone for free?
Yes, there are free methods and apps available that allow you to add music to your videos on iPhone. Apps like iMovie often come pre-installed on newer iPhones and offer basic audio editing features, including adding royalty-free music tracks. Additionally, you can find free video editing apps on the App Store that support adding music.
- 3. How do I add music to a video on iPhone 14?
The process of adding music to a video on iPhone 14 should be similar to other iPhone models. The steps generally involve using the native video editing app (iMovie) or third-party video editing apps to import your video, select a music track, and customize the audio settings.
- 4. Is it possible to add Spotify music to an iPhone video?
As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, adding Spotify music directly to a video on an iPhone is not possible due to DRM (Digital Rights Management) restrictions. Spotify tracks are protected and cannot be directly integrated into video editing apps. However, you can use royalty-free or purchased music from other sources to add to your videos.
- 5. How can I add background music to a video on iPhone?
To add background music to a video on your iPhone, you can follow these general steps:
a. Use a video editing app like iMovie or a third-party app to import your video.
b. Import the desired background music from your music library.
c. Adjust the volume levels of the video’s original audio and the background music to achieve the desired balance.
d. Preview and save the edited video with the added background music.
- 6. Can I add music to a specific portion of a video on an iPhone?
Yes, you can add music to a specific portion of a video on an iPhone using video editing apps. These apps allow you to place the music track at specific timestamps in the video, so it plays only during the desired segments.
- 7. How do I add music to a video on iPhone using iMovie?
Using iMovie to add music to a video on iPhone is straightforward:
a. Open iMovie and start a new project or choose an existing one.
b. Import the video you want to edit.
c. Tap the “+” icon to add media, and select the music track from your music library.
d. Adjust the audio settings and the duration of the music as needed.
e. Preview the video, make any additional edits, and save the final version.
- 8. Are there any free apps that allow adding music to videos on iPhone?
Yes, there are free video editing apps available on the App Store that allow you to add music to videos on your iPhone. Some popular free options include iMovie, Splice, InShot, and Clips.