Blacklist Some Videos on Youtube – Are you tired of seeing incessant videos on Youtube? tired of seeing videos that are full of ads, or you mistakenly subscribed to a channel and they are boring you with videos, or just maybe you followed, or liked a channel and they are not allowing you rest.
Are you a parent that wishes to block matured videos because of your child or do you want to customize it? If you are among any of these categories, then this article is for you
YouTube is one of the most popular social media platforms we have in the society today. This platform was established on the 14th of February 2005.
Since then it has been widely used by over 20 million active users globally. Interestingly it has language and location selections for different users all over the world.
YouTube alongside its vast feature allows many influencers and digital creator to monetize their page. That is to say, it is not just stingy, it pays
It is an application where you are given the platform to connect with a wider audience and society. All this is done in the comfort of your home, office, etc.
It also has its chief executive offer to be Neal Mohan. Also, this company has its parent organization Google.
This application has made it possible for different persons to access educational, and other resourceful videos online for free. This is one of the reasons it is popular
How to Blacklist Some Videos on Youtube
Blacklisting is just like blocking! So, there are basically 3 ways you can backlit videos or content on YouTube
- Block from your tube feed
- Using a video blocker
- Blocking the channel
1. Blacklist from your YouTube feed
To block content from your YouTube feed you can take the following steps
Using your preferred browser, type in Youtube.com on your browser
Scroll and search for the video you wish to block
Right-click on the video
Scroll down the option on the box shown and click on block videos from this channel.
You have successfully blocked the video from that YouTube channel.
Open the YouTube application
Scroll and search for the video you wish to delete or block
Beneath the video you will see three dots click on it
Scroll and select Block this video
Click on okay and refresh your page. You have successfully blocked the video from that channel.
USING A VIDEO BLOCKER
If you wish to use a video blocker you can mostly access it from your browser. In this article, I will be using Chrome browser to explain
- You need to add a video blocker to your browser.
- to add the blocker you go to your settings
- Click on add more tools
- Scroll down to the fifth option which is extensions and select it
- Search for video blocker in the web store
- Add the video blocker to the browser(if you’re using Chrome add it to Chrome)
- Select the add extension on the pop-up notification box that appears on your interface
When you have successfully added the video blocker to the browser, you can now open the YouTube mobile page and then select the channels you wish to block their video.
Blocking the Youtube Channel
- Open the youtube app
- Locate the search field and type the name of the channel
- The search result is displayed, click on the channel
- Once the next page opens which is the channel page
- At the top right-hand corner of the screen, you will see three vertical dots, tap on it
- A list of options will be displayed, but you have to click on “Block User”
- A popup screen will be displayed where you will want to know if you really want to block the channel,
- Tap the “block” option and that’s all
- A prompt notification will be displayed at the bottom of the screen, notifying you that the channel has been blocked
How to block a Youtube channel on Computer
To block videos from channels on youtube you need to follow the following steps
- Using your preferred browser with a steady internet connection, type in youtube.com.
- When the dashboard is open, you can now type in or input the name of the channels you wish to block.
- Near the channel banner, you will find the About option. you are to click or tap it.
- the next step is for you to tap the flag icon that is in between the date and the number of views in that channel
- Click on the block user option
- A confirmation prompt will be displayed on your screen telling you that when you block the user will not be able to comment on your new videos.
- You are to tap the submit option
- You have successfully blocked the channel from commenting on your videos.
This article gives three basic ways to block youtube videos on your youtube application. These three ways are easy to access and upload so far you are using the right gadget with an active data connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I block youtube channels on my desktop?
- Using your preferred browser, type in Youtube.com on your browser
- Scroll and search for the video you wish to block
- Right-click on the video
- Scroll down the option on the box shown and click on block videos from this channel.
- You have successfully blocked the video from that YouTube channel.
How can i block youtube channels on my mobile application?
- Open the YouTube application
- Scroll and search for the video you wish to delete or block
- Beneath the video you will see three dots click on it
- Scroll and select Block this video
- Click on okay and refresh your page. You have successfully blocked the video from that channel.